We the members of the Hungarian Reformed Church in America believe and profess the following biblical truths:
- That the whole Bible contains the Word of God.
- That there’s one God in the eternal unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God is the blessed Trinity.
- That Adam and Eve lost their original blessed life by willfully breaking the law of God, under the temptation of Satan.
- That the perfect justice of God demands upon us punishments, death and damnation in hell, because of our sinfulness.
- That still loves us and wants to bless us with holy, sinless eternal life in heaven, after our death.
- That this great love of God to us, sinners, sent Jesus Christ to save us from damnation in hell and lead us to heaven. In the person of Jesus Christ, the Second Person of the Trinity, the eternal Son, appeared on earth in the form of a perfect, holy, sinless Savior.
- That in order to receive our forgiveness and eternal life, we must have faith.
- That only the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, can create such true and genuine faith in our hearts.
- That the Church is here on earth by the will of God. The only HEAD of the Church in Jesus Christ, and his faithful believers are its members.
- That Jesus instituted the two sacraments, the Holy Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to remind us constantly of his sacrifice on the cross.
- That Jesus will return as He promised to hold a final judgement over all men.
- That we truly understand the great love of God and the Lord Jesus Christ towards us, sinners, our whole earthly life must be a Constant Thanksgiving.
When Jesus said: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: No One comes to the Father but by me” (John 14:6). He really meant no one. It would be a dangerous self-deception for anyone to think that he will be in heaven finally even if he would reject the “only way” to heaven that God mercifully revealed to us in the Bible.